Isn’t it amazing how children can be so grateful and happy about almost anything? As they laugh out loud, spreading the joy with so much passion!! Even when they are crying, they cry with full passion as well, they do not hold back.
If this is true for most children, I can’t say is the same for adults. I had moments in my life when passion was missing, I met many women that wished they would live fully and experience that spark within once again. So, it made my wonder, why and where does passion leave when it does?
From the beginning let’s come to an understanding of what do I mean by passion. For me passion is the spark within, that can and will most of the times manifest in a sexual expression as well, but not only. Passion is behind fully living the moment, the life, a certain relationship, a dance or a painting. That for me is passion.
Loosing the passion is not a singular moment. It doesn’t happen just by going for a walk on the street and losing something from the pocket of the heart, but many times, is a long process mostly unconscious that involves ignoration.
For simplification let’s put it this way, every single one of us has been given in charge a spark of divinity, of creativity and magic that is meant to express itself through, in an unique way. Just like a small fire of potentiality it needs to be cared for. Modern world is magical, yet in it’s traditional way seldomly supports that care. It comes with different recipes of success, of manifestation, of love, you name it – more and more aspects become standardized. And that can be magical and precious and amazing – don’t get me wrong. You do not have to choose between one and the other, if:
The spark of passion fades when:
- It is ignored – seldomly conscious. Life becomes busy, bills are waiting to be payed off, family & friends require attention, and you move from your inner center to please the outside.
- There is disconnection from the original self in order to impress or obtain a certain purpose. This one is a tricky one, it can take many forms, it can look like love – only different. Did it ever happen to you, to fall in love with an idea of a person or his / her potential, not really with the person in front of you? Instead of a person can always be a job, a title, a project – something that you think in the moment you want so much, that you would give anything to have it?
- We are not authentic. Small kids are raw and very honest – they will tell you what they like or not – in their innocence they won’t overthink it, but they will be honest to themselves, honoring what they feel inside them first, seldomly judging it. The fact that they make no effort, it makes it look as a natural thing.
- we learn coping mechanisms that keep us going through different traumatic experiences. Even if the coping mechanisms are necessary in the moment, on a long term they will form a protective mechanism around the heart, sheltering the essence, and the outside from fully seeing us.
The good news is that the spark will be waiting patiently to manifest once again. It will secretly guide you and invite you to re-connection. What you can do to support it is:
- Invite it into your experience. Take time to honor and connect with it. Even if it feels like a silly thing or even if you do not know how to do it. Intention will do the magic.
- Become aware of your choices. Ask yourself: is this choice in alignment with what I am feeling inside?
- Be patient with yourself and just as the children do, invite innocence and non-judgement into the experience.
- Release the pressure. You don’t need to be anything else than what you, and how you are. You can shake it, dance it, and approach it from a perspective of fun: Play with it.
- Embrace certainty. Don’t doubt it. Passion, the spark within, will always want to reconnect to you.
- Don’t forget about gentleness. Just as it took a while to loose it, it might take a while for it to manifest at its own capacity. Be gentle as old patterns, memories, emotions that form stagnant energy might start to be released.
You’ve got this!
When you need support in all this process of rediscovering and rekindling the passion within we are here for you. Our programs, retreats and workshops start first with that connection inside, so you can build on a stable ground. You are welcome to join us, when that spark from within is in alignment with what we offer. You can check the availability here.